<< Return to Job Listings
Title: Family Case Manager
Office: Catholic Community Services King County
Location: 232 Warren Ave N Seattle WA 98109
Date Posted: 06-12-2013
Applications Due By: Open until filled
Job #: SHSCM
Position Status: Regular Full Time
Salary: $17.40/hr. DOE
Sacred Heart Shelter is an emergency shelter for families and their children in lower Queen Anne, Seattle. Sacred Heart Shelter works with families to identify/address barriers, with the goal of helping families gain stability and move into their own permanent housing as soon as they are able.
This position is responsible for case management for families residing at Sacred Heart Shelter, including client assessment, referrals and other duties as outlined below.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide advocacy-based counseling, crisis intervention, information and referral to Sacred Hearth Shelter residents.
2. Provide case management services to establish, monitor and revise case plans as needed for each adult in household.
3. Assist clients with filling out the necessary paperwork to access community resources, including benefit and housing applications.
4. Accompany residents to various appointments, interviews and housing searches as needed.
5. Deliver therapeutic services across a range of treatment modalities, levels of intensity and duration of services based on client need and resources.
6. Seek clinical consultation as needed to insure quality of care for clients.
7. Facilitate groups for residents/clients.
8. Serve as a resource person on Mental Health issues to other staff in the program.
9. Coordinate appointment between Health Team and households.
10. As needed: Provide services to residents participating in the “Time limited Programs) to include: All of the regular SHS Case Management services and 1 year of case management follow up.
11. Review residents on caseload at weekly staff Meetings.
12. Work to foster an attitude of support and safety for program participants.
13. Develop and safe-keep a workplace that values and supports a culturally diverse work environment.
14. Ensure appropriate environment and program for SHS residents.
a. Overlap with advocates and provide direct service advocacy to residents
b. Support Direct Service Advocates in assessing needs of individual households and in responding appropriately.
c. Support direct service advocates by meeting with residents regarding significant/ on-going behavior issues or problems in the house.
15. Supervise annual Intern Service Position and BA / MA students.
a. Recruit/advertise/interview for interns and service programs. Complete annual service interns for new recruits on annual basis.
b. Ensure thorough new and on-going training for interns and students.
c. Ensure supportive atmosphere and keep interns well informed.
d. Conduct Performance Reviews and assist student Practicum Instructor in evaluation.
16. Serve as Site Place Coordinator with Family Housing Connection.
a. Maintain updated shelter information in FHC database to list all open units and respond to referrals.
17. Supervisor On-Call
a) Alternate with Program Director responsibility for supervisor pager coverage.
b) Be available to Advocates by phone/pager for questions, emergencies.
c) Be available to come into SHS as needed for above
d) Be available to cover any shift if necessary.
18. Other duties as assigned/delegated by Lead Supervisor and/or Program Manager.
1. Maintain and review case records and documentation in files, log.
2. Maintain case management statistics in compliance with Safe Harbors HMIS.
3. Maintain resources in files available to other staff and residents.
4. Assist in training and delegating work to Direct Service & On-Call Advocates.
5. Maintain case management statistics in compliance with Safe Harbors HMIS.
6. Comply with the agency’s clinical accountability policies and procedures; maintain current and complete clinical records; participate in quality assurance review when assigned.
7. Represent SHS in service provider networks, as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree in human services or social work field.
2. Direct services experience: providing linkage services, advocacy for low-income populations, working with special needs populations
3. Experience working with and understanding of culturally diverse groups.
4. Demonstrable problem-solving/issue assessment skills, intervention planning/implementation skills, and/or crisis intervention skills.
5. Demonstrable oral and written communication skills, team-building skills
6. Knowledge of Word, Excel, and basic internet use.
7. Ability to uphold and model the mission, values, and insights of Catholic Community Services of Western Washington/Archdiocesan Housing Authority into all aspects of work life and to uphold the mission and values of Sacred Heart Shelter.
8. Criminal history background checks are required prior to employment.
9. Must have a valid driver license and auto insurance.
• In-depth experience in social service setting may be substituted for some of the educational requirement.
• Case Management courses may be substituted for Case Management experience.
Submit application or send a resume and cover letter to:
Catholic Community Services
ATTN: Human Resources Department
100 – 23rd Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98144-2302
Fax: (206) 328-5053
Please visit our website: www.ccsww.org
CCS/CHS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND VALUES DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE